About Lindsay Grice
“Is it me or my horse?” I love to help riders solve their horse puzzles.
Horse show judge. Riding coach. Horse trainer. Equine consultant. Horse magazine columnist. Speaker. I wear many hats and inspiring all, the heart of a teacher!
Since my first experience teaching riding at a summer camp, I’ve learned so much in years of watching and working with hundreds of horses and riders. And by studying horses. I’m fascinated by equine research.
Why do horses do what they do?
As a young rider competing over fences, I was coached in what to do and sometimes how to do it, but I was asking “why?” Now, as a riding coach, in rider after rider, I see the technical skills of horsemanship brought to life by the science of how horses think and learn. By giving riders a Why for every What, they gain the tools to solve their horse puzzles I wish I’d had as a young horse trainer.
- Lecturer in Equine Behaviour (University of Guelph courses, adult continuing education courses, speaker for horse associations and expos)
- Horse magazine columnist, several Canadian equine publications
- Horse show judge: AQHA , Equestrian Canada Judge, Provincial hunter/jumper judge. Multiple breeds and disciplines.
- Equestrian Canada judging committee and clinician for judging seminars (General Performance).
- 25 yrs as a professional riding coach, competitor and horse trainer
- Certified Equestrian Canada riding coach
- Level 3 NCCP sport coach (National Coaching Certification Program)
- Equine legal expert witness and equine consultant