About Lindsay Grice
Horse show judge. Riding coach. Horse trainer. Equine consultant. Horse magazine columnist. Speaker.
I wear many hats and under every hat, a curious mind and the heart of a teacher!
“Is it me or my horse?” I love to help riders solve their horse puzzles.
Since my first experience teaching riding at a summer camp, I’ve learned so much in years of watching and working with hundreds of horses and riders. And by studying horses. I’m fascinated by equine research -“equitation science”.
Why do horses do what they do?
As a young rider competing over fences, I was coached in what to do and sometimes how to do it, but I was asking “why?” Now, as a riding coach, in rider after rider, I see the technical skills of horsemanship brought to life by the science of how horses think and learn. By sharing with riders a Why for every What, they gain the tools to solve their horse puzzles I wish I’d had as a young horse trainer.
- Lecturer in Equine Behaviour (University of Guelph courses, adult continuing education courses, speaker for horse associations and expos)
- Horse magazine columnist, several Canadian equine publications
- Horse show judge: AQHA , Equestrian Canada Judge, Ontario hunter/jumper judge. Multiple breeds and disciplines.
- Equestrian Canada judging committee and clinician for judging seminars (General Performance).
- 25 yrs as a professional riding coach, competitor and horse trainer
- Certified Equestrian Canada riding coach
- Level 3 NCCP sport coach (National Coaching Certification Program)
- Equine legal expert witness and equine consultant