About Lindsay Grice
Ontario riding coach. Horse show judge. Horse trainer. Equine behaviour specialist. Horse magazine columnist. Speaker.
I wear many hats. Yet under every hat, the curiosity and heart of a teacher!
“Is it me or my horse?” I love to help riders solve their horse puzzles.
Since my first experience teaching riding at a summer camp, I’ve learned so much in years of watching and working with hundreds of horses and riders.
And by studying the science and research of how horses think and learn -“equitation science”.
Why do horses do what they do?
As a young competitive rider, I was coached in what to do and sometimes how to do it, but I was asking “WHY?”
Now, as a riding coach, in rider after rider, I see the technical skills of horsemanship brought to life with insights into the science of how horses think and learn.
By sharing with riders a Why for every What, they gain the tools to solve their horse puzzles I wish I’d had as a young horse trainer.
- Lecturer in equine behaviour and learning
(e.g., University of Guelph courses, speaker for Canadian horse associations and therapeutic riding facility staff )
- Horse magazine columnist, several Canadian equine publications
- Horse show judge: AQHA level 1. Equestrian Canada Judge. Ontario hunter/jumper and dressage judge. Multiple breeds and disciplines.
- Equestrian Canada judging committee and clinician for judging seminars (General Performance).
- 25 yrs as a professional riding coach, competitor and horse trainer in Ontario
- Certified Equestrian Canada riding coach
- Equine legal expert witness and horse industry consultant