Horse training / consulting
I offer ” training tune ups” for
- green horses needing refinement.
- improving show performance
- an introduction of new show skills.
English or western disciplines. Monthly rates.
Consulting. 20 years as owner/operator of a successful training, boarding and instruction facility. 3 years as instructor, University of Guelph- courses in Equine Behaviour, Equine Business and Professionalism
Planning to buy a horse? Need objective advice?
- Let’s make sure your goals, priorities, abilities and budget fit your prospect. Help to locate a suitable match.
- Horse training issue? Equine behaviour puzzle? Want a second opinion?
- Video riding assessments available – More Information
- Equine legal consulting. Horse appraisals. Equine law issues – More Information
Hobby or profit, I save clients the time and money wasted in learning by trial and error!
Hobby farm or horse business, I save clients the time and money wasted in learning by trial and error!
- Horses at home? Building or renovating a stable? Unbiased advice. The most suitable products and equipment to use for your situation.
- Horse industry best practices. Current research. Personal experience. What works and what doesn’t!
- Horse boarding, riding lessons, horse shows, renting out your facility. I can point you in the right direction, give you some models to consider and help you avoid costly mistakes.
- Contracts: horse boarding, leasing, sales
“How do I recognize, treat and avoid such things as foot abscesses, skin rashes, and minor wounds?”
“Is it necessary to blanket a horse living outside in the winter months? Which blanket types? “
“How do I know if my new saddle fits my horse?”
“My horse won’t load onto the trailer!”
“Where do I find a reputable vet and blacksmith?”
“What should I charge for my services?”
“What should I look for in a resident farm manager?”
“What are my insurance needs?”
“How do I find and maintain great school horses?”